Friday, March 7, 2014

Review: Ellana Pressed Mineral Foundation

Hi guys!

Today I will be reviewing something that I've been testing out for a month now, The Ellana Pressed Mineral Foundation.
I've known Ellana for quite some time. I've even purchased it before in its loose form but never really got the hang of using loose foundation so when they launched a pressed version, I was ecstatic! You see, Ellana's foundations are really nice. They give nice coverage without the heavy feeling plus it is good for your skin, it lets it breathe. They repackaged their whole line too! They now don Soleil Ignacio's (Hi, HS batchmate!) creations.


Just look at these illustrations by Soleil Ignacio for Ellana Minerals:


 
so nice no? 

Anyway, I got these babies for my Ellana haul:

















L to R: Combo Quad Eyebrow/Shadow, Pressed Foundation in French Vanilla Latte, Lip and Cheek Palette in Illusion 
(will make a separate review for quad and lip and cheek palette)


And for the star of the day: Ellana Pressed Foundation in French Vanilla latte

My shade is somewhere between NC25-30 but I'm a bit acidic so I decided to get French Vanilla latte

Here it is when worn:


 

Note: I have severe dark circles under my eyes and this foundation was able to conceal it a bit yay!

With just a layer of the foundation I was able to get good coverage plus my skin was kind of radiant too! It evened out my skin tone from redness and hid my under eye circles a bit. My skin is a bit good so I guess on "bad days" two layers of this foundie would do the job.  It did get oily after a few hours on my T-Zone so I suggest that you use a primer. Overall, I am one happy girl! 

*Note: The first pressed foundation I got accumulated cracks after a time and Ellana thru Liz was kind enough to send a replacement! Superb after sales :) Btw, Liz is super nice! 










No comments:

Post a Comment